I present you with selected images of our newly acquired Puerto Rican books. The Caribbean Studies collections represent an important cornerstone of UC Berkeley Library’s Latin American Studies collections in Doe/ Main Library.
Please click on the icon below to see our new Puerto Rican books.
The Library has a trial to the Caribbean Literature digital collection from Alexander Street Press. The trial will run through October 31st, 2018. If the collection is of interest to you, the Library wants to hear from you! Please send your comments and feedback to email@example.com.
What You’ll Find:
- Full-text, digitalized poetry and fiction produced in the Caribbean region, including Barbados, Guyana, Belize, Cuba, Suriname, French Guiana, Haiti, and Jamaica, during the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Interviews, photographs, unpublished manuscripts, and archival materials from archives, rare book libraries, local publishing houses, and authors.
- Texts in English, Spanish, French, Dutch and local languages and dialects, including Papiamento, French Creole, Jamaican Creole, Belizean Kriol, Singlish, and Sranam Tongo. Dictionaries and major reference materials are also available.
- Authors such as Kwane Dawes (Ghana-Jamaica), George Lamming (Barbados), V. S. Naipaul (Trinidad), Ismith Khan (Trinidad), Jan Carew (Guyana), Alejo Carpentier (Cuba), Guillermo Cabrera Infante (Cuba), Roger Mais (Jamaica), Derek Walcott (St. Lucia), Edgar Mittelholzer (Guyana), Leon Gontran Damas (French Guiana), René Depestre (Haiti), Edgar Cairo (Suriname), Dionne Brand (Trinidad), Jean Rhys (Dominica), Denis Henriquez (Aruba), E. Kamau Brathwaite (Barbados), and Hugo Pos (Suriname).
The UC Berkeley Library also has temporary trials until November 10, 2018 for the following digital collections from Alexander Street:
- South and Southeast Asian Literature in English
- Underground and Independent Comics, Comix, and Graphic Novels
We encourage and appreciate feedback regarding these trial resources. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.