- Noon to 12:30: ProQuest History Vault & Historical Collections
- 12:45 to 1:15: ProQuest Historic Newspapers & Text Data Mining Overview
- 1:30 to 2:00: ProQuest Intota Overview
- 2:15 to 2:45: ProQuest e-Book Perpetual Access Collections (e.g., Pickering and Chatto)
- 3:00 to 3:30: ProQuest Social Science Databases (e.g., Digital National Security Archive, Periodicals Archive Online, and more)
- 3:45 to 4:15: ProQuest Historic Newspapers & Text Data Mining Overview (repeat)
- 4:30 to 5:00: ProQuest History Vault & Historical Collections (repeat)
Day: November 12, 2014
Event: Bancroft Round Table: Exposing the Hidden Collections of The Bancroft Library: A Report on the “Quick Kills” Project
Please join us for the November Bancroft Library Round Table!
It will take place, as usual, in the Lewis Latimer Room of The Faculty Club at 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, November 20. Lara Michels, archivist at the Bancroft Library, will present Exposing the Hidden Collections of The Bancroft Library: A Report on the “Quick Kills” Project.
Come hear Bancroft archivist Lara Michels report on almost three years of work on the “Quick Kills” manuscripts processing project at the Bancroft Library. Funded by the Rosalinde and Arthur Gilbert Foundation, the “Quick Kills” project has as its aim to increase access to the wonderful, but sometimes hidden, manuscript collections of the Library. Lara will share highlights, insights, and reflections on the process of opening up nearly 150 legacy manuscript collections to a new generation of researchers.
Hope to see you there.
Lara Michels and Baiba Strads Bancroft Library Staff
Exhibit on Siméon-Denis Poisson opens
The Mathematics Statistics Library is pleased to announce the opening of an exhibit on Siméon-Denis Poisson.
Siméon-Denis Poisson: Mathematics in the Service of Science
Mathematics Statistics Library (100 Evans Hall)
November 7-December 17, 2014
More information and the exhibit catalog are available at http://guides.lib.berkeley.edu/poisson-exhibit
We welcome you to stop by to view the exhibit during library hours!