Wednesday, october 22, 2014, 10:30-12 pm
Enterprise Computer Training Room 72.169
1500 Capitol Ave, Sacramento
(Turn left as you enter the building and
head through the large wooden doors. ETR
will be straight ahead)
RSVP by Monday, October 20th to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
Please note: This class is limited to 12 participants. A waiting list will be created, if necessary, for a possible additional class.
Some seats may be available on the day of the class so if you don’t register in advance, you can just show up to see if there is availability.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
* Do you want to learn how to use ?smart groups? to automatically group references together?
* Do you want to learn how to create or modify existing output styles?
* Did you know you can annotate PDF files in your library? And that you can search these annotations, as well as the content of PDFs in your EndNote library?
* Are you already using EndNote and have some burning questions?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s EndNote X7 Advanced Hands-On class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Creating Smart Groups
2. Creating/Modifying Output Styles
3. Annotating PDF files In EndNote
4. Other Advanced Features
5. Introduction to EndNote Online
6. How to get help
Learn how to save time and work more efficiently by:
– Creating smart groups in your library.
– Modifying output styles to fulfill your needs.
– Annotating PDF files in your EndNote library.
This class is intended for CDPH staff who are already using the EndNote software program, and who wish to learn more advanced features (see class description above). Users of any version of EndNote are welcome to attend. The EndNote X7 software will not be distributed at this class; in order for you to use this software for your work, you or your CDPH unit must purchase or already own it.
It is recommended that you have already attended the Public Health Library?s EndNote X7 Basics Hands-on class, or are familiar with the basics of using EndNote. Basic EndNote material will not be covered in this session.
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
If you are interested in other training classes we offer please go to the library training page for more information.