Starting September 15th, Hispanic Heritage Month begins as we celebrate and commend the great works and achievements made by the Latinx community. Find inspiring and excellent recommendations by Latinx authors below and look for more in the UC Berkeley Library’s collection on Overdrive.
Kick off this summer with these fantastic beach reads! From summer scares to beachside romances, check out Overdrive and the selections below for an irresistible read.
Celebrate this year’s Disability Pride Month with these great recommendations from the library. Spanning disability culture, activism, love, and finding yourself, our picks are a must-read for everyone!
Celebrate Pride Month this June with novels, essays, romances, and humor by LGBTQIA writers. Browse through our Overdrive collection for even more great picks this month.
This May, celebrate Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month with our wonderful and diverse collection of works by Asian American and Pacific Islander American authors. Encompassing books penned by Americans with roots from Sri Lanka to India to Hawai’i, with stories of college life, immigrant families, and much more, there are plenty of great novels to pick from. Check out more titles through Overdrive.
“If you live, you look back and beg for it again, the hazardous bliss before you know what you would miss.” – Ada Limon, 24th Poet Laureate.
Celebrate National Poetry Month with this diverse collection of award-winning poets and check out the rest of our Overdrive for more!
Step 1: Download the app
- Go to your mobile device’s app store.
- Install the Libby app for free.
Step 2: Add UC Berkeley to your list of libraries
- The app will ask you if you have a library card.
- Click “Not Yet.”
- You will be prompted to search for a library branch. Click “Find Libraries Nearby” and then click “No, I’ll Search For A Library”.
- Type in “University of California Berkeley,” and select “University of California Berkeley.” You will be taken to the Library’s OverDrive collection.
Step 3: Log in with CalNet ID
- Add a library card by selecting “Enter Library Account Details.” You will be taken to the CalNet authentication page.
- Sign in.
Step 4: Borrow Books!
- To check out a book, select the book and click “Borrow.” (If a book is already checked out, you can click “Place a Hold.”)
- The app will then show you a virtual library card and you will be able to see how many books you have checked out and how many holds you have. You’re all set!
Still using the original OverDrive app? OverDrive is discontinuing it. You’ll want to use Libby instead. Click here for more.
“Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.” – Malala Yousafzai
Happy International Women’s Day! March is Women’s History Month, and at the Library we’re rejoicing in the achievements women have made and celebrating a future full of promise.
Read about feminism and progress in these nonfiction books.
Catch up on fiction with these bestsellers by women.
Try these poets for fresh insights and moving words.
Still looking for more books by wonderful women? Try our Overdrive collection for books like Lady Justice by Dalia Lithwick, The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid, and National Book Award Winner All My Rage by Sabaa Tahir. Is there a book by a woman that you want to read, but is missing from our collection? Let’s fix that.
Happy reading, and happy International Women’s Day!
Are we missing your favorites? Share your recs with us on Twitter or Instagram!
Happy New Year! Kick off the new year by revisiting some great reads from 2022. Stay tuned for more epic reads coming up this year.