RSVP by Monday, December 12th to Judy Bolstad at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510.
* Are you already using EndNote and have some burning questions?
* Do you write journal articles and want to learn about a tool that helps you prepare manuscripts for submission to various journal publishers?
* Do you want to learn how to create or modify existing output styles?
* Did you know you can annotate PDF files in your library?
* Want to learn how to add figures and tables to your Word document using EndNote?
* Are you interested in a hands-on session so you can practice using advanced features of EndNote?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s EndNote X5 Advanced Hands-On class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Creating Smart Groups
2. Adding/Modifying Output Styles
3. Creating and Using Bibliographies: Individual and Subject
4. Annotating PDF files
5. Advanced Features of Cite-While-You-Write (templates, figures, tables)
6. How to get help
In addition, we have scheduled the Computer Training Room for an extra 30 minutes after the class to allow time for an EndNote “clinic.” Bring your EndNote questions/problems so we can help you with them.
Class: EndNote X5 Advanced Hands-On
When: Wednesday, December 14, 2011,
Class: 10:30 am-12 pm
Optional 30 minute EndNote clinic: 12-12:30 pm
Where: CDPH Richmond, Building P, Computer Training Room P-1246
This class will assist you in making the best use of the EndNote X5 software by learning how to use and create custom features. In addition, this class will include a drop-in “clinic” where you can bring your problems.
This class is intended for CDPH staff who are already using the EndNote software program, and who wish to learn more advanced features (see class description above). Users of any version of EndNote are welcome to attend. The EndNote X5 software will not be distributed at this class; in order for you to use this software for your work, you or your CDPH unit must purchase or already own it.
It is recommended that you have already attended the EndNote X5 Basics Hands-On class, or are familiar with the basics of using EndNote. Basic EndNote material will not be covered in the Nov. 30th session.
If you wish to attend, please RSVP by Monday, December 12th to Judy Bolstad at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please note: This class is limited to 16 participants. A waiting list will be created, if necessary, for an additional class.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
These Hands-On training sessions are free to CDPH employees. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available at: www.lib.berkeley.edu/PUBL/cdph/training.html.