Health Promotion and Health Education Resources
Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 1:30-2:30pm
1500 Capital Ave, 72.167, Sacramento
* Does your work at CDPH involve health promotion, health communication, or health education?
* Are you interested in learning about toolkits and other resources that will help you develop a health intervention?
* Know you need some resources to help you get started with evaluating a project with which you are involved?
* Interested in how to find literature on health education or promotion?
* Do you need to develop consumer health handouts?
* Want to know about quality sources for consumer health information, including non-English language handouts and materials?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s Health Promotion and Health Education Resources class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Resource Toolkits for Developing Programs
2. “Best Practices” in Health Education/Promotion
3. Evaluation Resources
4. Finding Health Education Literature
5. Patient/Consumer Health Education Materials
Class: Health Promotion and Health Education Resources
When: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 1:30 ? 2:30 pm
Where: CDPH Sacramento Campus, 1500 Capital Ave
Training Room 72.167 (Hearing Room)
(Turn left as you enter the building and proceed through the double doors past the Enterprise Training Room)
To introduce CDPH staff to quality health promotion and health education tools and resources that are freely available online. Use of these resources will assist with efficiently developing effective, evidence-based health promotion programs.
If you wish to attend, please RSVP by Monday, March 25 to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com, or (510) 642-2510.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
These one-hour training sessions are free to CDPH employees. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.