Advanced Zotero workshops are intended for Zotero users who want to go beyond the basics of collecting citations and exporting bibliographies. If you are new to Zotero, consider attending one of the Library’s Introduction to Zotero workshops being offered this term.
Advanced Zotero workshops will be offered every other Wednesday, starting February 7th, from 12:10-1:00 via Zoom. Registration is required and the Zoom link will be provided to participants who register 24 hours in advance of the workshop. Register on the Library’s workshops page. You must have a Calnet ID to register for a workshop.
The agendas for the workshops are listed below. New developments in Zotero and associated add-ons may result in adjustments to the agendas. The workshop descriptions on the Library’s workshop pages will be kept up-to-date.
The Library attempts to offer programs in an accessible, barrier-free way. If you require a disability-related accommodation, please contact me (Jennifer Dorner) at email@example.com at least one week in advance of the workshop you have registered for.
2/7 Advanced Zotero Week 1: Managing your Zotero library
– Methods for adding existing research materials to your Zotero library
– Indexing and searching your Zotero library and attachments
– Zotero 6.0 PDF viewer and annotation extractor
– Creating and managing groups
2/21 Advanced Zotero Week 2: Zutilo add-on
– Installing and setting up Zutilo
– Clean up library
– Manage tags
– Relate items
– Create book & book section items
3/6 Advanced Zotero Week 3: Managing attachments
– How and where Zotero saves attachments
– Linked files vs. stored files
– Using the Zotfile add-on to store attachments in a cloud server
– Group attachment storage
3/20 Advanced Zotero Week 4: Writing with Zotero
– Locating and adding citation styles
– Zotero 6.0 Add note feature
– Editing citations with Zotero’s tools
– Changing the font/size of citations
– Why things go wrong (broken links to Library, unable to update document, etc.)
4/3 Advanced Zotero Week 5: More add-ons & upcoming features
– Zotero 7.0 beta
– Zotero Research Assistant “AI” connector to ChatGPT
– Storage scanner for Zotero
4/17 Advanced Zotero Week 6: JURIS-M for multilingual scholarship
– Installing JURIS-M
– Configure JURIS-M to link to your Zotero account
– Setting up JURIS-M to store multilingual information.
– Integrating JURIS-M into your writing process
5/1 Advanced Zotero Week 7: Agenda TBA
Introduction to Zotero will be offered Wednesday, November 1 at 10:00, 12:00, and 4:00. This is a 50-minute workshop offered via Zoom. Intended for new or potential users of Zotero, it explains the features of the citation manager and covers how to import different types of items into your Zotero library, methods for exporting bibliographies into Word or Google Docs, and sharing Zotero resources among groups.
Register at https://tinyurl.com/UCBlibworkshops
If you have a chance, download Zotero and browser connector at www.zotero.org before the workshop.
The Library attempts to offer programs in accessible, barrier-free settings. If you believe you may require disability-related accommodations, please contact Vaughn Egge.
Advanced Zotero 2 will cover:
- Step-by-step instructions on using Zotfile to store attachments on a cloud server
- Using the Zutilo add-on to manage tags, relate items, and bulk edit entries
- Advanced editing of citations in word processing documents
- Zotero 7 (beta) new features:
- new annotation types in Zotero’s PDF reader
- annotating EPUBs and webpage snapshots in the reader
Register at the Library Workshops site.
October 5, 12:10-1:30 in 223 Doe Library (80 minutes, as in-person workshops seem to take longer)
October 6, 12:10-1:00 via Zoom (50 minutes, the zoom link will be sent to registrants 24 hours in advance of the workshop)
Introduction to Zotero will be offered on Thursday, March 9 at 10:10, 12:10, and 4:10. This is a 50-minute workshop offered via Zoom. Intended for new or potential users of Zotero, it explains the features of the citation manager and covers how to import different types of items into your Zotero library, methods for exporting bibliographies into Word or Google Docs, and sharing Zotero resources among groups.
Advanced Zotero will be offered via Zoom Monday, March 13 & Tuesday, March 14 from 12:10-1:30.
This session covers:
- The many different techniques for adding items to your Zotero library
- Linked files vs. stored files
- Zotero storage vs using Zotfile to store attachments in another cloud app
- Creating and managing groups
- Zotero 6.0 PDF viewer and annotation extractor
- Zotero 6.0 Add note feature
- Indexing and searching your Zotero library and attachments
Registration is required so that you can receive the Zoom link 24 hours in advance of the workshop. Register at https://tinyurl.com/UCBlibworkshops.
The Library attempts to offer programs in accessible, barrier-free settings. If you believe you may require disability-related accommodations, please contact me (Jennifer Dorner) at firstname.lastname@example.org.