Wednesday, March 11, 2015, 10am-11:00am
Bldg. C, Room 136
850 Marina Bay Parkway, Richmond, CA
RSVP by Tuesday, March 10th to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
Do you know:
* That you can limit a search in Google to a particular domain (eg, .gov or .org) or even to a particular website (eg, cdph.ca.gov)?
* What is and is not included in Google search products?
* That you can import citations directly from Google Scholar into EndNote?
* That you can perform cited reference searching in Google Scholar?
* That you can create a profile in Google Scholar, and save citations there?
* That Google Books allows you to read or preview books online?
* That WorldCat lets you search for books and more in over 10,000 libraries?
If you’ve answered “No” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Google, Google Scholar, Google Books, WorldCat class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Google search products: what is in them?
2. Search tips
3. Setting preferences
4. Creating a profile in Google Scholar
5. Cited reference searching
6. Shortcomings of using Google for research
7. How Google Books and WorldCat link to each other
These training sessions are free to CDPH employees. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available here.