Are you unsure about how you can use or reuse other people’s data in your teaching or research, and what the terms and conditions are? Do you want to share your data with other researchers or license it for reuse but are wondering how and if that’s allowed? Do you have questions about university or granting agency data ownership and sharing policies, rights, and obligations? We will provide clear guidance on all of these questions and more in this interactive webinar on the ins-and-outs of data sharing and publishing.
- Explore venues and platforms for sharing and publishing data
- Unpack the terms of contracts and licenses affecting data reuse, sharing, and publishing
- Help you understand how copyright does (and does not) affect what you can do with the data you create or wish to use from other people
- Consider how to license your data for maximum downstream impact and reuse
- Demystify data ownership and publishing rights and obligations under university and grant policies
Intended audiences include faculty, grad students, post-docs, instructors, and academic support staff, but anyone interested is welcome to attend.