The UC Berkeley community now has access to new content through our subscription to Drama Online. Drama Online is an online resource of primary and secondary sources for the study and performance of drama. It contains 1700 playtexts, 350 audio performances, and 150 hours of video. The new resources include:
- Shakespeare’s Globe on Screen (2016-2018): Shakespeare’s Globe on Screen 2 (2016-2018) is composed of streaming productions from the theatre’s 2016, 2017 and 2018 seasons.
- The Royal Shakespeare Company Live Collection: Recordings of live screenings of 12 productions from the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon.
- Shakespeare’s Heroes & Villains: A 1.5 hour streaming production featuring actor Steven Berkoff’s mediations on and performances of excerpts from Shakespeare’s heroes and villains.
- Critical Studies & Performance Practice
- Aurora Metro Books
- Playwrights Canada Press
- Physical Actor Training (PATAZ) Videos
This strengthens existing content in Drama Online, including:
- 1,100+ playtexts from Methuen Drama, Faber and Faber, and Arden Shakespeare, as well as contextual and critical background through scholarly works and practical guides.
- Shakespeare’s Globe on Screen 1
- Early modern drama titles staged and filmed specifically for educational use (Doctor Faustus, The Duchess of Malfi, Volpone and School for Scandal).
- BBC Drama Films
For more of recent library acquisitions, see our posts on Underground and Independent Comic, Comix, and Graphic Novels and OverDrive.