Browse, read, and monitor thousands of scholarly journals on your tablet or iPhone/iPod Touch with the BrowZine app.
Create a personal bookshelf of favorite journals, be alerted when new issues are published, and save articles to Zotero, Mendeley, Dropbox, and more.
Get started on your tablet (iPad, Android, Kindle Fire HD) or iPhone/iPod Touch in three easy steps:
- Go to your app store, search for BrowZine and download for free.
- Open the app, and select our library, University of California, Berkeley, from the listing.
- Afterwards, use AirBears or set up the campus VPN to begin reading scholarly journals from the Library.
by Jeffery Loo, Cheminformatics Librarian
Contact me at jloo [at] library.berkeley.edu
Welcome/Welcome Back to Berkeley!
Over the summer the Library came up with new ways to save you time and improve your research and teaching:
- Laptops and ipads to go! Borrow them from Moffitt Library (students only)
- Streamlined loan periods librarywide:
- Graduate students: 3 months (renewable up to three years total)
- Undergraduates: 1 month (renewable up to one year total)
- Faculty: 6 months (renewable up to four years total)
- Need to know about Copyright? There’s a site for that.
- A newly redesigned Library web site: send us your comments!
And, as always, all the basics that grad students, faculty, and undergrads need to know including off campus access to databases, library privileges, renewing online, fee based document delivery service, Interlibrary Loan, research support, support for your teaching, and scholarly communication.