An interesting artist’s book-Al filo : entrevistas literarias Miyó Vestrini (1980-1981)

As a curator for Latin American Studies, I periodically purchase some interesting and esthetically appealing difficult to find books. I believe that these books will add to our collections but with such purchases comes responsibility for preserving these objects of art for the posterity. I must thank my colleagues in Bancroft Library who have accepted this book for long-term preservation. One such book that I purchased is “Al filo: entrevistas literarias Miyó Vestrini (1980-1981).”

It is also interesting to see the processes that went into producing of this artist’s book.

Miyó Vestrini (Nîmes, France 1938 – Caracas, Venezuela 1991) was a Venezuelan prominent poet, journalist and scriptwriter. This edition was published by Ediciones Letra Muerta in 2015.

The copy that we have is no. 103 out of 500 copies. An interesting synopsis of her biography can be found here. The images below are used to show our readers how the book looks like and are meant to be used under the fair use clause. At the time of writing this post, there were 8 libraries in the United States that owned copies of this title. Please click on the image below to see further images of the title.

For more details watch the following video that was produced by the publishing house.