A hands-on workshop introducing NCBI bioinformatics tools such as PubMed, Gene, Protein, Nucleotide, and BLAST:
- Starting with a disease, syndrome, or process, identify the genes/proteins involved
- Starting with an organism and a protein, find the protein sequence and gene coding region
- Starting with a sequence, identify the gene/protein and source
The workshop will cover selecting the proper tools for your question, navigating through the interlinked NCBI databases, and saving your results. It will be offered twice:
- Dates: Tuesday August 29 (add to bCal) and Wednesday August 30 (add to bCal)
- Time: 12 – 1 pm
- Location: Bioscience Library Training Room, 2101 VLSB
Open to all interested students and researchers; no registration is required.
Questions? Contact email@example.com
For additional workshops on citation managers, searching PubMed and Scopus, writing and collaboration tools, data visualization, productivity tools and techniques, and other topics, please see the Science Libraries Events Calendar.