Art + Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon
Drop in any time, stay as long as you like!
Tuesday, March 21, 1:00pm-6:00pm
Wikimedia’s gender trouble is well-documented. While the reasons for the gender gap are up for debate, the practical effect of this disparity is not: content is skewed by the lack of female participation. This represents an alarming absence in an important repository of shared knowledge. Let’s change that! Drop by the A+F Wikipedia Edit-a-Thon, learn how to edit Wikipedia and make a few changes of your own!
- People of all gender identities and expressions welcome.
- Bring a laptop.
- Drop in for half an hour or stay for the whole afternoon.
- No editing experience necessary; we’ll provide training and assistance.
- Optional: Training sessions at 1:00, 3:00 and 5:00.
- Get a headstart! Create an editing account ahead of time.
- Refreshments will be provided.
A Cal ID card is required to enter Moffitt. The Library attempts to offer programs in accessible, barrier-free settings. If you think you may require disability-related accommodations, please contact us.