Embase Workshop: Improve your searches!
Thursday February 11 | 10-11:30 a.m. | Valley Life Sciences Building, Bioscience Library Training Room
No pre-registration required; all are welcome: students, faculty, staff, researchers.
Please join us for a 60 minute workshop* (*with optional 30 minute question/practice time afterwards) incorporating hands-on examples to more effectively search Embase.
You will learn:
- How the Embase database differs from PubMed in content, scope and functionality
- How to do a quick search and use search history to design more effective searches
- How to use Emtree to find the best term and synonyms for searching
- Where to go for help and support for your Embase searching needs.
Derrick Umali (Elsevier Life Science Customer Consultant) will be on hand to deliver the session and answer additional questions or provide additional workflows after the workshop.
Use one of the PCs in the Training Room, or bring your laptop!
Finding all relevant information from the biomedical literature is key to creating high-quality reviews that accelerate evidence-based clinical decisions and improve patient outcomes.
Unique coverage of the most important types of evidence and search tools specifically designed to pinpoint relevant biomedical literature ensures that Embase enables all researchers to generate the most impactful reviews in support of Evidence-Based Medicine and Evidence-Based Public Health.
- More than 30 million records from over 8,500 journals and ‘grey literature’ from over 1.9 million conference abstracts
- Coverage of the most important types of evidence, including randomized controlled trials, controlled clinical trials, Cochrane reviews and meta-analyses
- Deep indexing using the Emtree life science thesaurus, which includes over 70,000 preferred terms and 290,000 synonyms, as well as trial and study types, reviews and meta-analysis
- Unique non-English content, along with detailed indexing of study types, trial phases, patient populations etc.
The Cochrane Collaboration recommends searching in Embase
Embase Fact Sheet (PDF),
Embase Systematic Review Guide (PDF)