Wednesday, February 11, 2015, 10am-11:30am
Computer Training Room P-1246
850 Marina Bay Parkway, Building P, Richmond, CA
RSVP by Monday, February 9th to Michael Sholinbeck at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
NON-BUILDING P OCCUPANTS: Please make sure to register so your name will be on the class participant list given to the Building P Security Desk for entry into Building P.
PLEASE NOTE: This class is limited to 16 participants. A waiting list will be created, if appropriate, for an additional class.
It is recommended, but not required, that you have some experience or familiarity with searching PubMed.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
* Are you interested in learning about databases besides PubMed where you can find articles and more?
* Want to know about sources of systematic reviews and grey literature?
* Want to practice using these databases with some hands-on exercises?
* Do you want to know how to search databases more effectively by using index terms (aka subject terms, thesaurus terms, descriptors)?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s Literature Searching: Beyond PubMed and More, Hands-on Class!
Topics covered will include:
1. How to come up with a good topic for literature searching
2. The basics of indexing
3. Databases beyond PubMed, including sources for systematic reviews and grey literature
4. Critically evaluating what you find
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available here.