The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Preference Measurement in Health. Editors: Glenn C Blomquist and Kristian Bolin. Bradford: Emerald Group Publishing Limited, 2014. In the series: Advances in health economics and health services research.
Call number: RA410.A1 R48 v.24.
See a brief description and table of contents from Amazon.com.
2. The complete 101 collection: What every leader needs to know. By John C. Maxwell. Nashville, Tenn.: Thomas Nelson, 2010.
Call number: HD57.7.M39395 2010.
Read a preview including the table of contents and reviews here.
3. Reaching teens: strength-based communication strategies to build resilience and support healthy adolescent development. Edited by Kenneth R. Ginsburg and Sara B. Kinsman. Elk Grove Village, Illinois: American Academy of Pediatrics, 2014.
Call number: HV1431 .R4183 2014.
View a table of contents and description at the publisher’s website.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. The Use and Effectiveness of Powered Air Purifying Respirators in Health Care: Workshop Summary. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
5. A Framework for Assessing Effects of the Food System. Institute of Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
6. Growth of Incarceration in the United States: Exploring Causes and Consequences. National Research Council. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2014.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.