ERF Update – January 2015
Current number of records in the ERF: 1149
ADDED since last update
Engineering and Physical Sciences
- AIAA Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics Series. The Progress in Astronautics and Aeronautics series is devoted to books that present a particular, well-defined subject reflecting advances in the fields of aerospace science, engineering, and/or technology.
- DrillingInfo. Data on U.S. oil drilling, including current and historical data on oil well construction, production, leases, permits, etc.
- Encyclopedia of Membrane Science and Technology. Critical assessment of the status and advancements in materials and fabrication of membranes, membrane based processes, and applications critical to industrial applications and research.
- Wiley StatsRef: Statistics Reference Online. Covers the fundamentals and applications of statistics in all fields. Regularly updated with new and revised content.
Arts & Humanities / International & Area Studies
- ACLS Humanities e-Book (HEB) Collection. An online collection of thousands of books of high quality in the humanities
- Al Manhal. Books, journals, dissertations, and reports from the Arab world.
- Cambridge Edition of the Works of Ben Jonson Online. Fully searchable online edition of the complete writings of Ben Jonson.
- Cambridge Histories Online. Completely searchable full text of the Cambridge Histories series.
- Chateauroux Version of the <<Chanson de Roland>>. A fully annotated critical edition of the Chateauroux text of the Chanson de Roland.
- China Economy, Public Policy, and Security Database. High-value analytical reports intended to guide policymaking in the People’s Republic of China (known as “Pishu” which literally means “cover-books”).
- Companion to Archaic Greece. A systematic survey of archaic Greek society and culture which introduces the reader to a wide range of new approaches to the period.
- Digital Public Library of America. Brings together the riches of America’s libraries, archives, and museums, and makes them freely available to the world.
- Documenting the American South. Texts, images, and audio files related to US southern history, literature, and culture.
- Encyclopedia of Hebrew Language and Linguistics. Systematic and comprehensive treatment of all aspects of the history and study of the Hebrew language from its earliest attested form to the present day.
- History Matters. A gateway to web resources as well as a repository of unique teaching materials, first-person primary documents, and guides to analyzing historical evidence for students and teachers of American history.
- International Index to Black Periodicals. Current content from international scholarly and popular periodicals in Black Studies.
- Le Bon Usage. An encyclopedic reference work about French language grammar.
- Lieberman Index of References Dealing with Talmudic Literature. Access to thousands of references to talmudic passages in modern research and medieval scholarship.
- Media History Digital Library. Digitized public domain media periodicals and online access to the histories of cinema, broadcasting, and recorded sound
- National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). Access to US Federal records and documents that capture the sweep of the past, including slave ship manifests, journals of polar expeditions, and photographs of Dust Bowl farmers.
- New York Public Library Digital Collections. Over 800,000 images digitized from the New York Public Library’s collections, including historical maps, vintage posters, photographs, and more.
- Official Museum Directory. Accurate and up-to-date information on America’s museums
- Oxford Dictionaries Arabic. Online dictionary of Modern Standard Arabic and English.
- PhilPapers. Comprehensive index and bibliography of philosophy maintained by the community of philosophers.
- ProQuest History Vault: Law and Society since the Civil War. A broad range of American legal manuscripts and papers from Harvard Law Library. Includes the papers of Felix Frankfurter, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., Roscoe Pounds, Louis Brandeis, the Sacco-Vanzetti case, and other legal documents.
- ProQuest History Vault: NAACP Papers 2: Education, Voting, Housing, Employment. An in-depth, behind-the-scenes look at the NAACP’s efforts to end school segregation and to gain voting rights and equal employment opportunities, among other campaigns for equal rights. Covers campaigns beginning in 1914.
- ProQuest History Vault: NAACP Papers: The NAACP’s Major Campaigns. Includes the NAACP’s papers from the Scottsboro case, its anti-lynching investigative and legislative files, and records documenting discrimination in the criminal justice system.
- BCC Research. Market research reports on major economic, scientific, and technological developments in industrial, pharmaceutical, and high technology.
- Business Plans Handbook. Actual business plans compiled by, and aimed at, entrepreneurs seeking funding for small businesses.
- Business Rankings Annual. Provides “top ten” rankings of companies, products, services, and business-related activities compiled from a variety of published sources.
- Consultants & Consulting Organizations Directory. Information on firms and individuals from the United States and Canada in the consulting services industry.
- CQ Almanac. Coverage and analysis of United States Congressional legislation from 1945 to today.
- Eldis. Policy, practice, and research on international development issues.
- Encyclopedia of Criminology and Criminal Justice. A reference source for the fields of criminology and criminal justice.
- International Directory of Company Histories. Detailed timelines and narrative histories of major U.S. and international companies.
- Market Share Reporter. Annual compilation of market share statistics for products and companies.
- ProQuest History Vault: Women’s Studies Manuscript Collections. Historical documents related to women’s rights, drawn from the Schlesinger Library’s Woman’s Suffrage Collection.
- UNIDO International Industrial and Mining Statistics. International statistical data on industries and mining from the United Nations Industrial Development Organization.
- Vital Statistics on American Politics. Data, facts, and figures that offer a vivid and multifaceted portrait of the broad spectrum of United States politics and policies.
Life and Health Sciences
- Biopolymers Online. A comprehensive overview of the occurrence, metabolism, and applications of all important biopolymer classes.
- Encyclopedia of Biodiversity (Second Edition). More than 300 overview articles in 20 different subject areas including the economics of biodiversity, evolution, population issues, and theories of biodiversity.
- Encyclopedia of Biological Chemistry (Second Edition). Covers all aspects of biochemistry, including topics relating to biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, molecular biology, neuroscience, pharmacology and oncology.
DELETED since last update
- Encyclopedia of Biodiversity (First Edition). Replaced by Second Edition.
- Encyclopedia of Biological Chemistry (First Edition). Replaced by Second Edition.
- Media History Project. Website appears to be defunct.
- African American Theses and Dissertations (University of California, Berkeley). No longer a continuing need for this.
- Books on Architecture and Garden Design – Digitized. Website appears to be defunct.
CHANGED since last update
- Oxford Bibliographies Online. Subject tags have been added to reflect new subscriptions (Chinese Studies, Education, and Military History).