RSVP by Monday, January 25th to Judy Bolstad at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510. Limit of 15 participants.
* Do you need to find health/medical journal literature?
* Are you having trouble accessing full text articles from your desktop?
* Do you get too many or too few search results when searching PubMed?
* Are you already using PubMed and have some burning questions?
* Do you want help exploring PubMed’s new interface?
* Are you interested in a hands-on session so you can learn and practice using PubMed?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s PubMed Basics, The New Interface Hands on class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Introduction to PubMed
2. Retrieving Full Text Using the CDPH PubMed URL
3. Effective Keyword Searching Using Boolean Logic
4. The New Interface: What’s Changed
5. Using Advanced Search
6. Finding and Using Medical Subject Heading (MeSH) Terms
7. Other PubMed Features
Class: PubMed Basics, The New Interface Hands On
When: Wednesday, January 27th, 10:30am-12 pm
Where: CDPH Richmond Campus, Building P, Room 1246 (Computer Training Room)
This class is intended for CDPH staff new to PubMed, those who may have some basic understanding of PubMed but don’t know how to use its features, and for those wanting to explore the new PubMed interface.
If you wish to attend, please RSVP by Monday, January 25th to Judy Bolstad at:
email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please note: This class is limited to 15 participants. A waiting list will be created, if necessary, for an additional class.
NON-BUILDING P OCCUPANTS: Please make sure to register so your name will be on the class participant list given to the Building P Security Desk for entry into Building P.
These Hands On training sessions are free to CDPH employees. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.