Global Health, November 18, 1:00-2:30 pm, 450C Moffitt Library.
Global Health via EBSCO is a database newly available to UCB.
Does your research require that you find material FROM or ABOUT other countries?
- Global Health contains information from journals, books, book chapters, conference proceedings, patents, theses and electronic only publications from more than 125 countries [PubMed: journal articles only, from 70 countries]
- Global Health coverage = 26% North American sources; PubMed = 57% North American sources
- Has citations from journals in over 50 languages (All citations have English abstracts, however) [PubMed: 40 languages]
- Over 40% of the database is not duplicated in PubMed or other sources
- More coverage of nutrition, environmental health, medical entomology, and tropical medicine than PubMed
In this hands-on session, we will cover basic searching, using subject terms for more advanced searching, creating alerts, and more. No preregistration required; bring your Cal ID to enter Moffitt Library.