The Library’s Office of Scholarly Communication Services is thrilled to announce that Maria Gould has joined as our new Scholarly Communication & Copyright Librarian. Maria started on January 16, and has already begun helping scholars on this campus and beyond in shaping their scholarly publishing skills and publishing impact.
While Maria is new to this position, she is not new to UC Berkeley—having received her MA in Latin American Studies in 2011. Maria also obtained her MLIS from the Simmons School of Library and Information Science, and completed an internship at Bancroft Library while pursuing her degree.
Maria’s substantial scholarly publishing experience makes her an incredibly valuable resource for campus researchers. Prior to joining the Library, Maria worked for PLOS (Public Library of Science) for six years, where, among other projects, she was responsible for developing staff training and resources, updating and maintaining policy guidance and system instructions for authors and peer reviewers, and supporting outreach and engagement initiatives for editorial board members and the reviewer community.
Already in just her first month at the Library, she has helped shepherd our work in support of open digital scholarship and affordable course content. With this warm welcome to her, we hope you will reach out to all of us in the Office of Scholarly Communication Services for your publishing needs. We can help with:
- Copyright in research, publishing & teaching
- Authors’ rights, and protecting & managing your intellectual property
- Scholarly publishing options and platforms
- Open access for scholarship and research data
- Affordable and open course content
- Tracking & increasing scholarly impact
Want help or more information? We provide:
- Individualized support & personal consultations
- In-class and online instruction
- Presentations and workshops for small or large groups & classes
- Customized support and training for each department and discipline
- Online guidance and resources
Learn more at: lib.berkeley.edu/scholcomm
Keep up to date: @UCB_scholcomm