The UC Libraries have released a pilot version of the Next Generation Melvyl. This system is being tested as a potential replacement for Melvyl, the combined library catalog of all ten UC campuses. It is a joint project of the UC Libraries and Online Computer Library Center (OCLC).
The pilot system searches for books and other items in over 10,000 libraries around the world, including items in the UC Berkeley Libraries, with our records listed first. Note: This test system does not yet include some of the libraries that are represented in Melvyl. [Details]
So what's new in Next Generation Melvyl…
- Find articles from the ArticleFirst, British Library Serials, ERIC (education), and Medline (medicine & health) databases.
- Refine your search by author, format, year, and more.
- Request items held elsewhere in the UC system and beyond.
- Bookmark items using del.icio.us, Digg, and similar tools.
- Automatically format citations for your bibliography.
- Export citations to EndNote or RefWorks.
- Read Amazon.com reviews or write your own.
- Save items in personalized lists (requires free registration).