Dear Faculty and Students,
Some of you have been asking us about how to access the books in the stacks, today, the library announced the following new measures to help us with accessing stacks.
The service is called the Oski Xpress pickup service. I am including you more information below that was shared with us by the library administration just a few minutes ago.
- Library services and resources during COVID-19
- How to use the Oski Xpress pickup service
- Need a book from the UC Berkeley Library while we’re sheltering in place? Check here first.(with step-by-step video on HathiTrust ETAS)
- The latest news on Library services and an FAQ
- For new students: Welcome to the UC Berkeley Library! Here’s what you need to know.
Oski Xpress pickup service will start on September 8th. It is our understanding that currently the service is limited to the books that are in Main Stacks. You can always contact access services for further information here: Questions or issues?
Check out our Access and Privileges FAQs or contact us.
See the steps below.
6 steps for requests and pickup
- Find the title you want in OskiCat and click on its title. Verify that the status of the copy in Main (Gardner) Stacks or Morrison Library is available.
- Click on the request button near the top search bar.
- Login via CalNet, or with your OskiCat Patron/PIN.
- Paging and preparing your items will take us several days. For each request, you will receive a notification when the item is available for pickup.
- Once you receive an email confirmation that your holds are ready, please schedule a 15-minute pickup appointment through LibCal. Items will be held at Moffitt for seven days.
- When you arrive at Moffitt’s third floor (south) entrance [map] to pick up holds at the booked time, please come to the glass door so that a Library staff member can see that you have arrived. A staff member will come to the door to confirm your name and see your Library card. If a staff member does not meet you soon, please call us at 510-642-5072. A Cal 1 Card or eligible Library card must be presented at pickup.