The Koshland Bioscience, Natural Resources, & Public Health Library’s reference services have moved online at least through the end of March, in alignment with “social distancing” recommendations from campus.
Contact a Librarian
Librarians are available Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm to answer any questions you might have. Email one of us or click on the link to schedule a Zoom meeting or Google Hangout.
- Integrative Biology: Shannon Kealey (firstname.lastname@example.org; schedule an online meeting)
- College of Natural Resources: Becky Miller (email@example.com; schedule an online meeting)
- Molecular & Cell Biology: Elliott Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org; schedule an online meeting)
- Public Health: Michael Sholinbeck (email@example.com; use email to schedule an online meeting)
24/7 online help
Chat with a librarian. The chat service is staffed by Berkeley librarians, but at peak service times or off-hours you may be connected with a librarian from another academic institution.
Online guides, tutorials and videos
- Bioscience Library Guides for courses, subjects, and research basics
- Online videos for the Biological Sciences
Connecting from off campus
If you are not on campus, use EZProxy or the VPN (VPN users: choose Library Access – Full Tunnel rather than the default Split Tunnel) to authenticate yourself as a Berkeley student, faculty, or staff to access online books, journals, databases, and other resources.
If a desired resource is not available as a full-text version online, Berkeley students, faculty, and staff can place a request to our Interlibrary Borrowing Service. If the Library is closed due to unforeseen circumstances, we will update you about our ability to provide this to you via email.