The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Poison on tap: how government failed Flint, and the heroes who fought back. By the staff of Bridge Magazine; Poison on Tap editor: Bob Campbell.
Traverse City, MI: Mission Point Press, 2016.
Call number: TD370 .P65 2016
Read a description on the author’s website.
2. How to publish in biomedicine: 500 tips for success. By John Dixon, Louise Alder, and Jane Fraser. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press, 2017.
Call number: R119 .D59 2017
See the table of contents and a short description at the publisher’s website.
3. Toxic safety: flame retardants, chemical controversies, and environmental health. By Alissa Cordner. New York: Columbia University Press, 2016.
Call number: TD428.F57 C67 2016
See the table of contents, a description, reviews, and a sample chapter at the
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press of the National Academy of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine.
4. Protecting the Health and Well-Being of Communities in a Changing Climate: Proceedings of a Workshop. 2017.
5. Microbiomes of the Built Environment: A Research Agenda for Indoor Microbiology, Human Health, and Buildings. 2017.
6. Communicating Science Effectively: A Research Agenda. 2017.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.