Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 10:00am-11:00am
Conference Room C-136
850 Marina Bay Parkway, Richmond, CA
RSVP by Tuesday, December 13th to Debbie Jan at Debbie.Jan@cdph.ca.gov or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
* Want to help us develop this new class? Let us know your answers to these questions:
* What kind of environmental information do you need for your work?
* Is there a type of environmental information you have a particularly difficult time obtaining?
* Are there sub-topics within environmental health that you are interested in?
* Anything else you’d like to see in a one-hour Environmental Health Resources class?
Please send your comments to Michael Sholinbeck at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Does your work at CDPH require you to access environmental health information, data, or other resources?
* Are you interested in learning about tools to help you find everything from environmental legislation, to continuing education sources, to environmental screening methods?
* Interested in environmental health topics like environmental justice, climate change, or nanotechnology?
If you answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s Environmental Health Resources class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Tools for data visualization, continuing education, site assessment, and more
2. Information on selected topics in environmental health
3. Finding environmental health literature
4. Environmental health data sources
To introduce CDPH staff to quality environmental health tools and resources that are freely available online. Use of these resources will assist with finding environmental health data, literature, and more; and in developing evidence-based environmental health programs.
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available online.