Wednesday, June 8th, 2016, 10:00am-11:30am
850 Marina Bay Parkway, Richmond, CA
RSVP by Monday, June 6th to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
NON-BUILDING P OCCUPANTS: Please make sure to register so your name will be on the class participant list given to the Building P Security Desk for entry into Building P.
PLEASE NOTE: This class is limited to 16 participants. A waiting list will be created, if appropriate, for an additional class.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
This class is intended for CDPH staff who wish to gain a basic understanding of the EndNote X7 software program and how to use its features. Users of older versions of EndNote are welcome to attend. The EndNote X7 software will not be distributed at this class; in order for you to use this software for your work, your CDPH unit must purchase or already own a copy.
* Interested in a program that lets you easily create a customizable database of citations?
* Do you already have the EndNote program but are not sure what it can do for you?
* Do you write journal articles or reports and need to cite literature you’ve read or referenced?
* Are you already using EndNote and have some burning questions?
* Are you interested in a hands-on session so you can learn and practice using EndNote?
If you’ve answered “Yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s EndNote X7 Basics Hands-On class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Some new features in EndNote X7
2. How to populate your EndNote database with citations from PubMed and elsewhere
3. EndNote X7 features: display, search, groups, etc.
4. How to use “Cite While You Write” with Microsoft Word
5. How to get help
Learn how to save time and work more efficiently:
– Save article and other citations in a customizable database
– Add PDF files to the references in your database
– Create groups to organize references by topic, project, etc.
– Add citations to a Word document, and automatically format the bibliography and notes in any of thousands of styles
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available online so that you can plan ahead for any of interest.