Thursday, February 25, 2016, 1:30-2:30pm
Hearing Room 72.167
1500 Capitol Ave, Sacramento
RSVP by Tuesday, February 23rd to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
Having difficulty finding the health statistics or data that you need?
Do you want to know where to look for the answers for the following questions?
* How many people in Alameda County have been immunized with the flu shot?
* How many Hispanics in Contra Costa County for 2012?
* How do I find health status reports for California counties?
* How can I get raw data from a national survey that describes nutritional and behavioral factors associated with mortality?
Do you want to be able to download and save data?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s Health Statistics and Data Resources class!
Some of the topics that will be covered:
1. Vital Statistics
2. Incidence and Prevalence Statistics
3. National Surveys
4. GIS Data
5. California Statistics
After this session, you will be able to more quickly and easily locate quality health-related statistics and datasets. You will also be able to identify some significant issues associated with the collection of health statistics.
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available for you to plan ahead.