Wednesday, February 10th, 2016, 10:00am-11:30am
Training Room P-1246
850 Marina Bay Parkway, Richmond, CA
RSVP by Tuesday, February 9th to Michael Sholinbeck at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
NON-BUILDING P OCCUPANTS: Please make sure to register so your name will be on the class participant list given to the Building P Security Desk for entry into Building P.
PLEASE NOTE: This class is limited to 16 participants. A waiting list will be created, if necessary, for a possible additional class.
It is highly recommended, but not required, that you have already taken the PubMed Basics class, or already have a basic understanding of and ability to search PubMed. This class will not cover what was covered in the PubMed Basics class.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend, if appropriate.
* Want to learn more about finding and using Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)?
* Want to know how to effectively use MeSH subheadings?
* Want to learn how to use “evidence-based medicine” filters, useful for both clinical medicine and epidemiology?
* Want to learn about using PubMed’s Topic-Specific Queries, such as Comparative Effectiveness, Healthy People 2020, Health Disparities, and more?
* Interested in alternative PubMed interfaces that facilitate seeing new patterns or insights on your search results?
* Interested in other advanced features of PubMed?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s PubMed Advanced Hands-On class!
Topics covered will include:
1. More about MeSH
2. Using MeSH Subheadings effectively
3. Clinical Queries
4. Topic-Specific Queries
5. Alternative PubMed Interfaces
6. Other Advanced PubMed features
This class will teach you how to create more focused searches using MeSH and MeSH subheadings, and to quickly find “evidence-based medicine” citations utilizing PubMed’s pre-defined clinical queries.
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available here.