Were you aware:
* You can have journal articles, technical reports, standards,
book chapters, and more, from nearly any source, delivered
to you electronically?
* You can have books from the University of California,
Berkeley Library delivered to your office?
* CDPH staff has access to dozens of electronic journals
and books from your desktop and off-site?
* Librarians at the Public Health Library, who have access
to hundreds of databases, indexes, and other resources,
will research nearly any work-related topic for you, and
post relevant citations to your own web portal?
* The library has a secure web portal where you can
request library services, track your document delivery
requests, view your literature search results, and more.
This orientation session will discuss all of the library services
available to CDPH staff.
Some of the topics that will be covered:
1. Summary of Services to CDPH
2. Accessing Public Health Library Services
3. Full Text Electronic Journals and Books
4. Requesting Material
5. Public Health Library web pages for CDPH
Class: Orientation to Public Health Library Services
When: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10am-11am
Where: Room 140, Building C, Richmond
If you wish to attend, please RSVP by Monday,
July 9, 2012 to Michael Sholinbeck at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510.
Supervisors: Please encourage your new staff to attend if
These one-hour training sessions are free to CDPH staff.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.
To introduce CDPH staff to the library and information
services available to them for work-related purposes.
Use of the library services will help staff identify and obtain
the information they need to complete their work in a
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is