Informing the Future: Critical Issues in Health is now in its 6th edition, and is freely available online. The report illustrates the recent work of Institute of Medicine committees, followed by a description of IOM’s convening and collaborative activities and fellowship programs. The last section provides a comprehensive bibliography of IOM reports published since 2007.
The chapter on Public Health describes work in:
- National security
- Emergency preparedness
- Public health law and policy
- Women, children, and families
- Oral health
- Emerging genetic technologies
- Examining the value of cancer care
There are also chapters on:
- The healthcare system
- Food safety and nutrition
- Shaping research priorities
- Global health
All IOM reports are available from their website, and many are also available at the Public Health Library.