RSVP by Monday, June 20th to Judy Bolstad at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 642-2510.
* Do you need to find health/medical journal literature?
* Are you having trouble accessing full text articles from your desktop?
* Do you get too many or too few search results when searching PubMed?
* Are you already using PubMed and have some burning questions?
* Are you interested in a hands-on session so you can learn and practice using PubMed?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s PubMed Basics Hands-On class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Introduction to PubMed
2. Retrieving Full Text Using the CDPH PubMed URL
3. Effective Keyword Searching Using Boolean Logic
4. Using Advanced Search
5. Finding and Using Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
6. Other PubMed Features
Class: PubMed Basics Hands-On
When: Wednesday, June 22, 2011, 10:30-12 pm
Where: CDPH Sacramento Campus, 1500 Capitol Ave, Computer Training Room 72.169
This class is intended for CDPH staff new to PubMed or those who may have some basic understanding of PubMed but don’t know how to use its features.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
If you wish to attend, please RSVP by Monday June 20th to Judy Bolstad at email@example.com, or (510) 642-2510.
Please note: This class is limited to 12 participants. A waiting list will be created, if necessary, for an additional class.
These hands on training sessions are free to CDPH employees. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.