* Do you have the EndNote program but are not sure what it can do for you?
* Do you write journal articles or reports where you need to cite literature you’ve read or referenced?
* Are you already using EndNote and have some burning questions?* Want to see cool new features of version X4?
* Are you interested in a hands-on session so you can learn and practice using EndNote?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s EndNote X4 Basics Hands on class! Come and see what new features version X4, which just came out in June 2010, has.
Topics covered will include:
1. Basics of using EndNote X4: display, navigation, etc.
2. How to get PubMed and other citations into EndNote
3. How to use “Cite While You Write” with Microsoft Word
4. How to get help
Class: EndNote X4 Basics Hands on
When: Wednesday, August 11, 2010, 10:30-12 pm
Where: Richmond Campus, Building P, Computer Training Room P-1246
This class is intended for CDPH staff who may have a basic understanding of the EndNote software program but don’t know how to use its features. Users of other versions of EndNote are welcome to attend. The EndNote X4 software will not be distributed at this class; in order for you to use this software for your work, your CDPH unit must purchase or already own a copy.
RSVP by Monday, August 9 to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please note: This class is limited to 16 participants. A waiting list will be created, if necessary, for an additional class.
NON-BUILDING P OCCUPANTS: Please make sure to register so your name will be on the class participant list given to the Building P Security Desk for entry into Building P.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate. These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. Please obtain your supervisor’s approval to attend.