Due to campuswide budget reductions and mandatory staff furloughs, all of the UC Berkeley libraries will be closed December 23 – January 6.
In addition, most of the libraries, including Doe, Moffitt, and the Gardner (Main) Stacks, will be closed January 7-10.
To check the schedule, go to our Library Hours page. You can select a date, or click on the “Calendar” link next to a particular library to display its hours.
During the closure period:
- Our website, catalogs, and research databases will still be available. For some ideas, see “What you can do when the library is closed.”
- We will not be reading or responding to e-mail reference questions, website comments, etc. until January 7. However, the “Questions? Ask us” 24/7 chat reference service will still be operating, staffed by librarians at other institutions.
- Requests made via OskiCat for material in the Northern Regional Library Facility will not be filled until the NRLF reopens on January 7.
- Items checked out from the Library’s collections will not be due. The earliest due date will be January 11. The same will apply to holds for pickup. Requests can be placed online at any time.
- The book drops will be emptied, but returned items will not be checked in until January 7.
- You will not be able to pick up or return interlibrary loan materials, so please hold onto ILL material charged out to you until we reopen to the public on January 11. Please do not deposit interlibrary loan items in the bookdrop outside of the building. Due dates will be adjusted to accommodate the closure.
We regret any inconvenience this closure may cause, and will resume normal hours and operations on January 11.