The UCB Library provides access to The Cochrane Library – “the best single source of reliable evidence for healthcare decision-making” – via Wiley InterScience. Wiley has made available several short online tutorials to help you learn how to use the Cochrane Library, including:
- The Cochrane Library – an introduction (8 min.)
- Tips on Advanced and MESH searching (7 min.)
- Setting up Saved Searches and e-mail Alerts (7 min.)
An 8-page Quick Reference Guide (pdf) is available, as is a PowerPoint presentation.
The Cochrane Library consists of:
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Cochrane Reviews)
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (Other Reviews)
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (Clinical Trials)
- Cochrane Methodology Register (Methods Studies)
- Health Technology Assessment Database (Technology Assessments)
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database (Economic Evaluations)
Wiley also hosts live virtual webinars (click the Upcoming tab) on The Cochrane Library.
Please take advantage of these resources to help you learn how to use The Cochrane Library!