TOXMAP is a Geographic Information System from the Division of Specialized Information Services of the US National Library of Medicine that uses maps of the United States to help users visually explore data from the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)’s Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) and Superfund Program.
TOXMAP now includes several interface improvements, updated mortality data, and names and locations of hospitals when the map is zoomed to the most detailed level. Hospital and other reference data can be hidden from maps via the “Reference Data” link.
Other recent changes include:
- Ability to view TRI facilities reporting releases in a particular TRI year
- Inclusion of links to TRI state fact sheets from EPA
- Ability to zoom to US national parks via “Zoom to a Place”
- Ability to toggle on and off the “auto-zoom” behavior in the main Search page
- Section 508 compliance improvements