Back in December, just as we were heading into our busy finals period, Dan Cohen (George Mason University) announced that Zotero and the Internet Archive had joined forces:
I’m pleased to announce a major alliance between the Zotero project at the Center for History and New Media and the Internet Archive. It’s really a match made in heaven—a project to provide free and open source software and services for scholars joining together with the leading open library.
The post discusses five key elements of the project, which will be developed over the coming months:
- Exposing and Sharing the "Hidden Archive"
- Searching the Personal Library
- Enabling Networked References and Annotations
- Simplifying Collaborative Sharing
- Facilitating Scholarly Discovery
Zotero "is a free, easy-to-use Firefox extension to help you collect, manage, and cite your research sources."