Wednesday, November 29, 2017, 10-11:30am
Computer Training Room P-1246, Building P
850 Marina Bay Parkway, Richmond, CA
RSVP by Tuesday, November 28th to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
NON-BUILDING P OCCUPANTS: Please make sure to register so your name will be on the class participant list given to the Building P Security Desk for entry into Building P.
PLEASE NOTE: This class is limited to 16 participants.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
Having difficulty finding the health statistics or data that you need?
Do you want to know where to look for the answers for the following questions?
• How many people in Sacramento County have been immunized with the flu shot?
• How many children live in poverty by census tract or ZIP code in any US location?
• How do I find health status reports for California counties?
• How can I get raw data from a national survey that describes nutritional and behavioral factors associated with morbidity and mortality?
Do you want to be able to download and save health data?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s Health Statistics and Data Resources Hands-On class! By popular demand, this class is now HANDS-ON in a computer lab, so you can follow along and explore the websites we visit in class.
Some of the topics that will be covered:
1. Vital Statistics
2. Incidence and Prevalence Statistics
3. National Surveys
4. Mapping Applications & GIS Data
5. California and Local Statistics
After this session, you will be able to more quickly and easily locate quality health-related statistics and datasets. You will also be able to identify some of the issues associated with the collection of health statistics.
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available online so that you can plan ahead.