The Library has a trial to the Underground and Independent Comics, Comix, and Graphic Novels digital collection from Alexander Street Press. The trial will run through November 10th, 2018. If the collection is of interest to you, the Library wants to hear from you! Please send your comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What You’ll Find:
- Full-text, digitized collection of comics, comix, and graphic novels from the pre-Comics Code era works to modern sequential releases from artists in the US, Canada, France, Italy, Spain, England, Sweden, Norway, Australia, Korea, Japan, and more.
- Titles like Essex County by Jeff Lemire, From Hell by Alan Moore and Eddie Campbell, 120 Days of Simon by Simon Gardenfors, Gen Manhwa by various artists, Werewolves of Montpellier by Jason, and God of Comics: Osamu Tezuka and the Creation of Post-World War II Manga.
- Selected works from artists such as Alex Toth, Boody Rogers, Fletcher Hanks, Steve Ditko, Joe Kubert, Bill Everett, Joe Simon, and Jack Kirby
- Series such as Crime Does Not Pay and Mister Mystery.
- 25,000 pages of interviews, commentary, theory, and criticism from journals, books, and magazines, including The Comics Journal.
- The Seduction of the Innocent by Dr. Frederick Wertham and the complete transcripts of the senate subcommittee hearings that led to the Comics Code Authority and, inadvertently, the underground comix movement.
The UC Berkeley Library also has temporary trials until November 10th, 2018 for the following digital collections from Alexander Street:
We encourage and appreciate feedback regarding these trial resources. Please email email@example.com.