How, Where, and What to Publish: UC Berkeley Scholarly Publishing Symposium
January 31, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
309 Sproul Hall (Graduate Professional Development Center)
Register online: bit.ly/013018pubsymposium
Are you an early career researcher looking to make a mark? Come hear from leading scholarly journal and book publishers (such as Elsevier, Springer-Nature, and UC Press) and open publishing framework and platform creators (such as Collaborative Knowledge Foundation and California Digital Library) during a half-day symposium in which experts cover all aspects of how, where, and what to publish.
Panel presentations and participant discussions will address:
- Targeting the “right” journal for submission
- Overview of the editorial process from submission to acceptance, and responding to reviewer comments
- Publishing ethics
- Communicating your research with a broad audience
Trends in Open Scholarship
- Value of publishing open access
- Publishing preprints & post-prints
- Avoiding predatory publishers
- Trends in peer review
- Open data, publishing mandates, and publishing options
- Research data management
- Licensing research data for reuse
Refreshments will be provided.