HTRC UnCamp 2018 aims to facilitate the creation of a community focused on improving research use of the HathiTrust corpus through computational analysis.
The HathiTrust Digital Library is a collection of millions of digitized books and texts created in partnership with libraries and research institutions around the world.
The UnCamp will discuss topics relevant to understanding and using the HathiTrust corpus within the modern computational research eco-system. This includes discussion of practices and experiences in mass-scale data mining, visualization, and analysis of the HathiTrust collection, with the goal of improving the quality of access and use of the collection by means of the HTRC Data Capsule and other affiliated research tools.
Keynote speakers will be Elizabeth Lorang and Leen-Kiat Soh (U Nebraska-Lincoln), and David Mimno (Cornell), and the full schedule will be announced in early December.
Topics will include:
- Computational Text Analysis Case Studies
- Worksets and Corpus Creation
- Digital Pedagogy and Text Analysis Curricula
- Fair Use, Copyright, and Non-Consumptive Research in HathiTrust
- Demystifying HathiTrust Metadata
- HathiTrust Development, News, and Updates
- Early registration price of $100 through November 29, 2017.
- Standard price of $150 begins on November 30, 2017.
More info is available from the UnCamp 2018 website: