Wednesday, June 14, 2017, 10-11:30am
Computer Training Room P-1246, Building P
850 Marina Bay Parkway, Richmond, CA
RSVP by Monday, June 12th to Michael Sholinbeck at
email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
NON-BUILDING P OCCUPANTS: Please make sure to register so your name will be on the class participant list given to the Building P Security Desk for entry into Building P.
PLEASE NOTE: This class is limited to 16 participants. A waiting list will be created, if appropriate, for an additional class.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
Do you want to know how to:
* How to save your PubMed search(es) and receive e-mail updates as new relevant citations are added to PubMed?
* How you can permanently store citations you find from a PubMed search?
* Share a list of citations with colleagues?
* Are you interested in customizing the PubMed display such that searches are filtered into categories of your choice?
* Are you interested in keeping track of searches run and citations viewed during the previous 6 months?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Library’s PubMed: My NCBI Hands-on class!
Topics covered will include:
1. How to register for a My NCBI account
2. How to save searches and have PubMed periodically re-run the search and automatically e-mail you new citations
3. How to permanently save and share citations in My NCBI
4. How to set up search filters in PubMed, so search results are sorted into your desired categories (e.g., age groups, citations that link to other databases, etc.)
5. Other features of My NCBI
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available online here.