The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. The Aging workforce handbook: individual, organizational, and societal challenges. Edited by Alexander-Stamatios Antoniou, Ronald J. Burke, and Sir Cary L. Cooper. Bingley: Emerald Publishing, 2017.
Call number:HD6279 .A445 2017
Read a synopsis and an excerpt at amazon.com.
2. The future of health economics. Edited by Olivier Ethgen and Ulf Staginnus. London; New York: Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
Call number: R728 .E874 2017
You can read a description, view the table of contents, and read an excerpt at the publisher’s website.
3. Out in the rural: a Mississippi health center and its war on poverty. By Thomas J. Ward Jr. New York, NY: Oxford University Press, 2017.
The first historical account of America’s first rural community health center.
You can see a description and read an excerpt on amazon.com.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press:
4. Developing Affordable and Accessible Community-Based Housing for Vulnerable Adults: Proceedings of a Workshop. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2017.
5. Global Health and the Future Role of the United States. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2017.
6. Valuing Climate Damages: Updating Estimation of the Social Cost of Carbon Dioxide. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2017.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.