My OskiCat text messages and patron history

My OskiCat alerts and patron history
Library notices via text message (SMS)

If you choose to participate, you will receive text messages when items are ready to pick-up at the Library and when they’re overdue.

To receive text message notices from the Library:

• Sign in to My OskiCat.
  • Select the button to Update Your Account.
  • Enter your phone number and check the box to opt-in under Mobile Settings.
  • After hitting the Submit button you will receive a text message confirmation.
  • Reply YES to the text message to confirm your subscription.

Please note that message and data rates may apply depending on your mobile service provider plan.

For more details, please visit the My OskiCat Help Page.

Patron history

To enable OskiCat to remember your checkouts for you, please follow these directions. Please note, that if you do not opt in your history will NOT be saved.

• In My OskiCat, find the button labelled My Reading History at the end of the row of buttons to the right of your name.
  • If you select the My Reading History button, you’ll go to a new screen which also has your name and other information in the top left, but which has a button labelled Opt In. Below this will be the sentence No Reading History Available.
  • Press the Opt In button and it will change immediately into a similar button labelled Opt Out with a red X.
  • You have now turned on the Patron History functionality and OskiCat will remember your checkouts.
  • The next time you check something out, an entry will be saved featuring a link to the item record, the author(s), and the checkout date.

More information is available on the Library website under Borrow.