The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Biostatistics for epidemiology and public health using R. By Bertram K.C. Chan. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company, LLC, 2016.
Call number: R853.S7 C43 2016
See the table of contents, a description, and a sample chapter at the publisher’s website.
2. Geographies of health and development. Edited by Isaac Luginaah and Rachel Bezner Kerr. Farnham, Surrey; Burlington, VT: Ashgate, 2015.
Call number: RA441 G46 2015
Read a title overview and see the table of contents here.
3. Dyad leadership in healthcare: when one plus one is greater than two. By Kathleen D. Sanford and Stephen L. Moore. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer, 2015.
Call number: RA971 .S26 2015
View a description and a short excerpt at amazon.com.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. The Promises and Perils of Digital Strategies in Achieving Health Equity: Workshop Summary. The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
5. Ending Discrimination Against People with Mental and Substance Use Disorders.The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
6. Principles and Obstacles for Sharing Data from Environmental Health Research: Workshop Summary. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.