The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. A practical guide for policy analysis: the eightfold path to more effective problem solving, 5th ed. By Eugene Bardach and Eric M. Patashnik. Thousand Oaks, California: CQ Press, 2016.
Call number: H97 .B37 2016
See a description, the table of contents, and an excerpt at the publisher’s website.
2. An introduction to research, analysis, and writing: practical skills for social science students. By Bruce Oliver Newsome. Los Angeles, California: Sage Publications, 2016.
Call number: H62 .N495 2016
Read a title overview, see the table of contents, and browse a preview here.
3. Gender, HIV and risk: navigating structural violence. By Emma-Louise Anderson. Houndmills, Basingstoke Hampshire; New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2015.
Call number: RA643.86.M3 A53 2015
View the table of contents and read a preview on Google Books.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Systems Practices for the Care of Socially At-Risk Populations . The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
5. Measuring Specific Mental Illness Diagnoses with Functional Impairment: Workshop Summary. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
6. Eliminating the Public Health Problem of Hepatitis B and C in the United States: Phase One Report. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.