The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Health care operations management: a systems perspective, 2nd ed. By James R. Langabeer II and Jeffrey Helton. Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2016.
Call number: RA971.3 .L338 2016.
You can see the table of contents and a sample chapter at the publisher’s website.
2. Stress & health: biological and psychological interactions. By William R. Lovallo. Los Angeles: SAGE, 2016.
Call number: QP82.2.S8 L68 2016.
You’ll find the table of contents and the preface here.
3. The public health response to 2009 H1N1: a systems perspective. Edited by Michael A. Stoto, Melissa A. Higdon. Oxford; New York: Oxford University Press, 2015.
Call number: RA644.I6 P83 2015.
You may view the abstract and the table of contents at the publisher’s website.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Global Health Impacts of Vector-Borne Diseases: Workshop Summary. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
5. Improving the Health of Women in the United States: Workshop Summary. The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
6. Metrics That Matter for Population Health Action: Workshop Summary. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2016.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.