Every Fall we ask the 90-100 students enrolled in Letters & Science 1 to go to a library they have never visited and post a photo of “something interesting,” along with a caption.
What catches the eye of first year students?
Among other things:
- well to do patrons and Horatio Alger (Business),
- chess (Physics),
- natural light (Law),
- Joel Hildebrand (also a bookdrop; Chemistry),
- lions’s breath (EAL),
- La Huerta (Ethnic studies),
- prune research (Biosciences),
- punk rock, Mozart, the Beatles, et al (Music)
- Snoopy art (Optometry) and
- “desk desk desk COLLABORATE!” (ENGI).
Post contributed by
Corliss Lee, Program Coordinator & Tim Dilworth, Program Coordinator
Doe & Moffitt Libraries
Instruction Services Division