Tuesday, November 17, 2015
1:30- 2:30 pm
Hearing Room 72.167
1500 Capitol Ave, Sacramento
RSVP by Monday, November 16th to Michael Sholinbeck at email@example.com or (510) 642-2510.
Please obtain your supervisor’s approval before you RSVP.
Supervisors: Please encourage your staff to attend if appropriate.
Do you know:
* You can limit a search in Google to a particular domain (eg, .gov or .org) or even to a particular website (eg, cdph.ca.gov)?
* What is and is not included in Google search products?
* You can import citations directly from Google Scholar into EndNote?
* You can perform cited reference searching in Google Scholar?
* You can create a profile in Google Scholar, and save citations there?
* Google Books allows you to read or preview books online?
* WorldCat lets you search for books and more in over 10,000 libraries?
If you’ve answered “No” to any of these questions, then please come to the Sheldon Margen Public Health Google, Google Scholar, Google Books, WorldCat class!
Topics covered will include:
1. Google search products: what is in them?
2. Search tips
3. Setting preferences
4. Creating a profile in Google Scholar
5. Cited reference searching
6. Shortcomings of using Google for research
7. How Google Books and WorldCat link to each other
These training sessions are free to CDPH staff. A certificate of completion will be available for those who attend the class.
A schedule of other upcoming training sessions is available so that you can plan ahead.