The Public Health Library has the following new books available in print:
1. Pesticides and global health: understanding agrochemical dependence and investing in sustainable solutions. By Courtney Marie Dowdall and Ryan J. Klotz. Walnut Creek, CA: Left Coast Press, 2014.
Call number: RA441 .D69 2014.
Read a summary and a review on the publisher’s website.
2. Basic biostatistics: statistics for public health practice. By B. Burt Gerstman. Burlington, Massachusetts: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2015.
Call number: RA409 .G47 2015.
Read a preview, see the table of contents, and read reviews on the publisher’s website.
3. Essentials of public health ethics. By Ruth Gaare Bernheim. Burlington, Massachusetts: Jones & Bartlett Learning, 2015.
Call number: R724 .B4356 2015.
View the table of contents, see a preview, and read reviews on the publisher’s website.
and here are some new titles available online from the National Academies Press which require a free registration to download a pdf of the title:
4. Acute Exposure Guideline Levels for Selected Airborne Chemicals: Volume 19 (2015). National Research Council. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
5. Review of the Draft Interagency Report on the Impacts of Climate Change on Human Health in the United States. National Academies of Science, Engineering, and Medicine. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press, 2015.
Please note that these books are only a small selection of what is newly available. If you are interested in checking out any book(s), submit a request using our online form and we will mail the book(s) to you.
You may also log into your web portal account to request book(s).
If you do not currently possess a UC Berkeley library card, you will need to apply for one before we can check out a book to you.